free knitting patterns for a triangle shawl, women's winter clothes
( no pattern images ? or for more free patterns go to www.jessica-tromp.nl )
The basic knit fabric (usually called a stocking or stockinette pattern) has a definite right side and wrong side. Because the yarn holding rows together is all on the front, and the yarn holding side-by-side stitches together is all on the back, stockinette stitch has a strong tendency to curl toward the front on the top and bottom, and toward the back on the left and right side.
Women's shawl knit pattern, knitted flat
you need straight or flat knitting needles
Tips for my basic knitting patterns
1 First you knit your knitting swatch, if you want to knit in a
cable stitch pattern, knit your swatch with 1 or more cables,
2 then determine your gauge, now you can choose a knitting pattern with the right gauge, this way it will always fit,
3 no need for special yarns or needles size, you decide which yarn you use and which gauge you use, so easy.
The length and quality of the fiber in a knitting yarn determines its texture, luster, strength and hand.
your free knitting pattern for a shawl knitted top down
pattern is for a stocking stitch knitting pattern, but you can crochet it too.
Medium Triangle Shawl with a Marathon Border
constructed Top Down
Free knitting pattern:
Size: 125 cm x 65 cm
Gauge (Stocking Stitch over 4 in = 10 cm): 16,0 stitches by 22,0 rows.
Main Panel knit by hand on 5 mm needles
Gauge (border pattern over 4 in = 10 cm): default stitches by default rows.
Border Panel knit by hand on 4 mm needles
FINISHED DIMENSIONS: (cms)
SHAWL WIDTHS SHAWL LENGTHS
Main Panel 112,0 56,0
Total 124,7 65,0
1. Cast on 180 stitches on size 5 needles. Start knit in Stocking Stitch.
2. (Dec 1 st at each end of every 2 rows once, then every row once) 34 times, then every row 21 times. Total 124 rows
(approx 56,0 cms) with 2 stitches remaining.
3. Cast off last 2 stitches.
1. Using size 4 circular needles and starting at the top right corner with right side of knit facing, pick up and knit 127 stitches
from each side. Total 254 stitches.
2. knit in chosen border pattern around the shawl for 19 rows, shaping at corners as follows:
... Top corner: Inc 1 st in the next row, then every 2 rows 5 times, then every row 8 times.
... Bottom corner: Inc (both sides of the corner) 1 st in next row, then every 2 rows 5 times, then every row 8 times.
2A. Bottom corner. Mark bottom stitch. This stitch will be knitted plain on every row with the increase shaping on
either side of it.
3. Cast off very loosely, carefully checking tension at the corners.
1. knit a small edging (2-4 rows) along the top edge to prevent curl.
2. Darn/weave/sew in all loose ends.
3. BLOCK. Really, it makes all the difference.
AMOUNT OF YARN REQUIRED TO MAKE GARMENT: Amount needed:
158,5 for main shawl panel
89,6 for borders
248,1 Grams TOTAL
Free knitting pattern © Jessica Tromp with KNITWARE DESIGN
De advertenties op mijn website zijn Gesponsorde Links copyright privacy beleid
The ads on my website are Sponsored Links Copyright © (1996 - 2013) Privacy