Some tips or alterations for your bolero.
1. Add more squares to lengthen your sleeves, the back, or the front, as desired.
2. Crochet a lovely border along the edges for decoration.
3. Use one outstanding large button for closure.
4. Use a beautiful ribbon for closure.
5. You don't have to be an expert crocheter to create you own bolero.
Please check the sizes of the motifs and your chestsize, this is just a rough suggestion.
Place the crocheted motifs on a line and measure the total of the squares.
For this bolero type 4, you have to crochet squares. What size do these squares have to be crocheted ?
Here is some explanation about the calculations;
at the widest point of the bolero, this is just below the armholes, there are 4 squares or diamonds at the front,
and 4 at the back. There will be 8 squares and if they measure 10 x 10 cms each, then you will have 80 cms for chestsize, at that point.
Suppose your chestsize is 101 cms ( = size 40) then divide 101 by 8 = 12.6 cms.
Your 8 squares have to be at least 12 x 12 cms.
This is one way, to calculate what size the squares for your size, must be.
Your first square is crocheted and it does not measure the right size, lets say 13 cm, yours is only 11 cms.
* you have to look for another crochet pattern
* you can add one or two rows, to the original pattern
* crochet further in crochet pattern, if this is possible
* or crochet between the squares, a small motif and add this way another 2 cms
I mean something like this
Learn to ; join flowers crochet joining flowers and squares
Boleros can be tight, and do not need the extra over-width like a cardigan.
Now with less squares but same principle as above.
The different kind of boleros to be crocheted with squares or diamonds,
are here sorted by type.
The principal is for all the boleros the same,
the size of the motif will determine the size of the garment.
One more tip; at the front and back of the patterns, are half squares or triangles.
Stick imaginary the triangles together and there you have squares again.
There are 13 pages with crochet patterns for squares and more for flowers and triangles on this page.
You will find all the crochet patterns used on the bolero pages.
There has to be one or two crochet patterns you can use, please send me a digital photo of your work.
deze website gebruikt
for advanced features on this website
De advertenties op mijn website zijn Gesponsorde Links The ads on my website are Sponsored Links
Copyright © (1996 - 2012) Privacy